I drew another Postcrossing name this morning. This user is a nurse in Oss, Netherlands, and I saw that I happened to have one of her “favorites” in my Postcard stash. I’m not usually one to send postcards in envelopes, but I did in this instance because:
- She said she preferred receiving her postcards in envelopes (least-influential factor in my decision)
- She said she’d love getting a few canceled stamps from senders’ countries (eh)
- I happen to have a little stash of envelopes I’ve made from recyclables (most-influential factor)
Here’s what she gets!
That SF United Airlines travel image reminds me of the beautiful art they turned out to promote Hawaii. I wonder if there are postcards of those very inviting images!
BTW: In the last 24 hours or so, I’ve received Postcrossing “Hurray” messages that 2 of of my postcards have reached their destinations:
- A card I send to Estonia took 9 days (5,551 miles);
- A card to Russia took 49 days (5,879 miles).
That extra 328 miles really makes a difference, huh?