This one deserves a post all its own. It’s not just because I love the front, featuring a fruit seller surrounded by beautiful rambutan and durian, but it’s the backside of the card that ends up distinguishing this. The sender, someone in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia who tagged me in a Postcrossing Forum thread, wrote 5 DURIAN FACTS for me:
- Malaysians love the “Musang King.”
- Durian BURGERS are popular here.
- Malaysia alone has almost 2 million durian trees.
- Rocketing demand in China is causing shortages and price spikes.
- In reference to this, a minister recently pledged “never to durian-starve the people.”
I did not know that! Here are more durian facts.
It was nice that the day I got this postcard, I ened up at an ice cream shop where I enjoyed some delicious durian ice cream. I want more right now!